- Price Breakdown for Retail of Fence Stain and Supplies Stain for Solid Fences: $36–$60 per gallon or $165–$280 per 5 gallons
- Semi-transparent Fence Stain | $32 – $55 per gallon, $148 – $260 for 5 gallons
- Transparent and Clear Fence Stain | $28–$45 per gallon, $125–$200 per 5 gallons
- Transparent and Clear Fence Stain
- Quality Nylon Bristle Brush | $10 – $20 per unit, depending on the size and quality
The cost of painting or staining a fence can range anywhere from $1 to $3 per square foot or $3 to $14 per linear foot on average.
How much does it cost to stain a fence in Texas?
- In this particular discussion post on TexasHuntingForum.com, one of the forum members mentioned the prices they charged, which ranged from $0.28 to $0.35 per square foot to clean and stain a fence.
- According to the company’s official pricing list, the professional staining contractor LoneStarFenceStaining.com, which is based in San Antonio, Texas, charges between $0.25 and $0.35 per square foot for their services.
How much does it cost to paint a fence?
- The total price that you will end up paying to have your fence painted will be comprised of two components: the cost of the supplies and the cost of labor.
- The typical price of paint or wood stain is £20.75, according to recent surveys.
- The typical cost of labor is 162.50 pounds, and the amount of time needed to complete the task is between 0.5 and 2 days.
- Painting has a variety of effects on various types of fence, with some types being far simpler to paint than others.
How much does it take to stain a fence?
The cost of supplies to stain a fence ranges anywhere from $0.29 to $0.80 per square foot, with a national average cost of $0.55 per square foot. The combined cost of labor and materials is $1.42 per square foot, which is within the range of $0.83 to $2.00 per square foot. The average cost of a project that is 300 square feet in size is $424.57, with a price range of $250.50 to $598.65.
How many hours does it take to stain a fence?
If the temperature is higher than 32 degrees, you should not stain the wood since the stain will dry too rapidly and generate splotches. If the relative humidity is less than 30 percent, then the drying time for each stain application will be around 12 hours. It might take anywhere from 24 to 36 hours for each coat to dry if the humidity is at or above 60 percent.
How much fence does a 5 gallon bucket of stain cover?
Take the total square feet of fence that has to be stained and divide that number by the coverage given on the can. If you have a fence that is 1,000 square feet in area and the container of stain specifies that one gallon covers 200 square feet, then you would divide 1,000 by 200 to determine the amount of stain needed to cover the fence, which is five gallons.
How much is a gallon of stain for fence?
Transparent & Semi-Transparent Stain Estimates
|Brand||$ Per Gallon||Cost|
How much should I charge to stain a deck?
- Cost to Stain an Ordinary Deck The cost to stain an average deck can range anywhere from $540 to $1,050, with the average cost coming in at slightly over $700.
- This translates to an average cost of $2 to $4 per square foot for labor and supplies, depending on the size of the area being covered.
- Stains of a higher grade will result in an increase in cost, as will cleaning and sealing the wood in preparation for staining.
How many coats of stain do I need for a fence?
- It is recommended to apply the stain in an area that is not directly exposed to sunlight and to use a minimum of two applications.
- In as little as two hours, depending on the relative humidity and temperature of the air, a second layer of stain can be applied to woodscapes.
- The majority of goods may have their coatings reapplied on the same day.
- When the coating on your fence begins to fade and deteriorate, you should stain it every three to four years.
Should I stain both sides of my fence?
In point of fact, you need to apply the stain to both sides of the fence that you have. Your wooden fence will be helped to endure longer if you do this, and it will also make the fence more aesthetically acceptable to all parties concerned. Sun protection need to be in the forefront of your mind as the length of the days continues to increase and the sun’s intensity of its rays increases.
Can you roll on stain on a fence?
If you are going to use a roller, select a roller cover with a medium nap, and then make sure the nap is completely drenched in the stain. Apply the stain to the fence in two- to three-foot portions at a time, taking care to back-brush, or re-paint, exposed areas that were left by the preceding stroke using a broad brush. Do this until the whole fence has been stained.
Do you need to power wash a fence before staining?
Should You Use a Power Washer Before Staining the Fence? When it comes to fence staining, it is best to avoid the common practice of power washing the fence first. Power washers have the potential to drive mold and mildew further into the wood pickets, which is what causes the fence to gray over time. Because of this, the wood deteriorates at a faster pace.
How do you charge for painting a fence?
The price of painting or staining a fence It costs between $2 and $14 per linear foot, or between $0.50 and $2.50 per square foot, or between $25 and $110 each 8-foot panel, to paint or stain a fence. The costs will vary depending on the type of fence, its height, and its condition. The majority of painters have a minimum fee of $250 to $500.
What is a linear foot of fence?
To put it another way, ″linear feet″ is a measurement of length that may be used. This might refer to the length of the whole quantity of fence that you intend to build or it can refer to the length of a single board. When making an estimate of the number of supplies and the cost of purchasing those items for a project, you will utilize this word.
How much is a linear foot of fence?
The Average Cost of Different Types of Fencing Materials Per Linear Foot
|Wire||$1 – $7|
|Vinyl||$15 – $30|
|Composite||$23 – $37|
|Aluminum||$30 – $50|
|Metal||$24 – $32|